Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tulips and Diamonds



The other day on You Look Fab, Angie posited that the popularity of prints and patterns was on the wane and asked if the “pattern party” were over for us.  I said that I thought so, that I was buying fewer prints lately.  But, I realized that I’m just buying fewer clothes in general (an unhappy side effect of my Nosh Opping Expedition) and that I still love prints as much as ever.

What made me come to that realization?  This outfit:



I think that if I were over prints, I’d have just paired a plain black blazer with this tulip print dress (handmade, thrifted via Better Bargains aka The Sticky Thrift Store).  But, instead, I paired my tulips with a vintage, diamond print blazer (Anne Klein via Salvation Army) because, given the option, I’m almost always going to choose to mix prints over pairing a print and a solid.  I did add some solid tights (Spanx via Nordstrom) and booties (Nine West “Darsy) though.  And I added my Eye of Sauron belt (vintage via Goodwill) because, well, what else would one wear with tulips and diamonds?  

So, yes, it appears that I am still firmly Team Prints and Patterns.  But, what about you, Reader Friends?  Are you over prints or still on board?  Or, were you never on board?

Happy Tuesday, All!

Oh, yeah, even though today is Tuesday, I wore this yesterday and felt quite visible so I’m linking up to Patti’s Visible Mondayover at Not Dead Yet Style.  Better late than never, right?

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment