Monday, December 5, 2011

Take Four: Winter Coats from Coast to Coast

Today’s Take Four topic (ooh, alliteration) is Winter Coats.  This topic was a hard one for me because I have a lot of coats.  I mean A LOT.  I think it’s because when I find a coat that fits my broad shoulders and long arms, I feel compelled to buy it.  This lemon-yellow houndstooth was the latest coat I felt compelled to buy:

My friend Kathy called it a “grandma coat” and I suppose it is.  But, I absolutely adore it.  It’s handmade vintage (the tag says it’s “An Original By Miss Michael”), it’s houndstooth and it’s yellow.  It’s also thrifted and a bit fuzzy without being full-on-Muppet.  Oh, and it fits my broad shoulders and long arms.  What’s not to love?

Today I wore my vintage coat over a vintage dress:


Unlike the coat, the dress isn’t handmade and it’s also not conducive to riding a bike in (I drove today), but I rather like it.  I paired the dress (thrifted) with gray tights (Nordstrom), a thin belt (Gap) and my increasingly-ubiquitous burgundy pumps (Naya “Jada” via Nordstrom).  All in all, a little more body-con than I usually go, but I think it worked.

Enough about the outfit though, we’re here to talk about coats.  You’ve seen my coat, now may I suggest you take a look at what the other ladies of Take Four are rocking?  Visit Bekah at Matters of Merrymaking, Kelsey of Charming Pumpkin and Karla of Frugal Big Girl to see some fabulous winter coats and possible tomfoolery (I may have made that last part up but you’ll never know if you don’t stop by).

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment