Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mauve and Mock Dots


This blouse looks like polka dots from far away, but is actually a teeny, tiny floral print:



I love polka dots, but I love the idea of mock dots too.  In fact, I like pretty much everything about this blouse.  The only reason I don’t wear it more often is that it’s fairly short.  I know, I know, crop tops are in.  But, I can pretty much guarantee you that the bare midriff trend is not one I’ll be participating in.  You’re welcome for that.  Also, midriff is a weird word.


In order to avoid baring my midriff (sadly, repeated use doesn’t make it less weird) today, I paired the top (thrifted) with my mauve skirt (vintage, thrifted).  This skirt was originally a rather awkward length, so I hemmed it above the knee which allowed me to wear these ankle strap flats (Hive and Honey via Piperlime) that I can’t seem to stop wearing now that I’ve rescued them from The Giants Closet.  I also added a vintage Sarah Coventry double pendant necklace (via Red Fox Vintage).

Because this top works well with skirts with a higher waist and I have quite a few of those, I’d say it’s definitely a keeper.  And so is this particular skirt; it’s actually proven to be a pretty good closet workhorse for me, especially now that it's shorter.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment