Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Stuff and Things

Sorry about the lack of a post yesterday.  I didn't work and while I intended to still post, I didn't even log in.  Instead I got some sun, ran some errands, broke the washing machine and pinned a bunch of crap to Pinterest. You can follow me on there, if you're interested, by using the button on the right.


And now on to the Saturday Stuff and Things.

Last Saturday I went to a Jazz Concert at Cathedral Park in North Portland.  I had never been to Cathedral Park but I wanted to go after seeing the lovely pictures Stacey at Gray Skies takes there.  And it was as cool as I'd hoped.  The St. John Bridge has lovely Gothic, cathedral-like construction:









The park is right under the bridge and it was the perfect setting to listen to jazz on a hot summer's day.


On Sunday, I went to see Florence + the Machine at Edgefield and it was the best concert I have ever been to.  Her voice is even more magical in person and she is a great performer too.  One thing that surprised me was how personable she was.  Funny even.  For example, she told us all about her Portland adventures saying she got the "whole Portland experience" because she went to Powell's Bookstore (where she bought a 90s copy of Virgin Suicides), went to Voodoo Donuts and in a coffee shop heard two men with full sleeve tattoos discuss where to get the best line tattoos.  And when her hair fell from dancing, she borrowed bobby pins from the crowd to pin it back up.

Anyway, this is Florence:

Sorry it's not a great photo; I was mesmerized by her voice.






And here are some pictures of The Machine:



Seriously, best concert ever.

Although, I anticipate the concert I'm going to today will be pretty fun too.  We're going to a music festival of 80s cover bands.  Yes, it's pretty much my dream music festival.  We're going to see Journey cover  band Stone in Love, Bon Jovi cover band Steel Horse, and, for the first time, Guns and Roses cover band Appetite for Deception.  So excited!!

Finally, I am obsessed with the new song by The Killers, called Runaways.  Please to enjoy:




I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Gracey


No comments:

Post a Comment