Thursday, October 27, 2011

No Offense to the Dromedaries of the World

No offense to the dromedaries of the world, but I’ve realized that camel is not for me.  It makes me look washed out and sad.  But caramel, caramel is a color that makes me happy.  I mean, look how happy I am in this caramel sweater:



I thrifted it last weekend with my friend, Alex, and can you believe that she was skeptical when I pulled it from the racks?  I know it looks like a plain brown sweater, but it’s not.  It’s caramel and I plan on wearing the heck out of it this fall and winter.  Starting today, where I paired the sweater (Land’s End, thrifted) with a cream crocheted skirt (vintage, thrifted), black tights, black booties (Nine West via Piperlime) and a black silk tie (Brooks Brothers, thrifted).

Today’s Takeaway?  Camel = sad but caramel = happy.  And, of course, a jaunty bow never hurts.

Also, because today is Thursday and I like parties, I’ve linked up over at Spunky Chateau for the Thursday’s Are for Thrifter’s Link Party.  Stop by and join the fun!

Gracey

P.S. Here is a close-up of the knit of the skirt just in case you were curious:


No comments:

Post a Comment