Monday, October 31, 2011

I’ve Got This: Ponchos

Alternately titled: Pretending with Giants

So this isn’t really a poncho; it’s more like a sweater pretending to be a poncho pretending to be a cape.  And wearing it allows me to pretend to be on trend:


I layered the sweater (BCBG) over a short knit dress (Nordstrom) which in turn was layered over a long-sleeve tee (Gap), leggings (INC via Macy’s) and wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).

I like to shop.  Nay, I love to shop.  Mostly thrifting, but I’ve been known to tear through Nordstrom like mad as well (that darned Anniversary Sale gets me every time).  But, even I can admit that while I may love to shop, I don’t need to shop.  My closet(s) are pretty well stocked and I often even have on trend items on hand without shopping.   Like this sweater, for example:


I have had this sweater for years and while it’s not exactly a poncho, its close enough for me not to feel like I have to go out and buy an actual poncho just to be on trend.  Which is why I’m linking up over at 260 Days, No Repeats for “I’ve Got This” Week.  Although it can be very tempting to shop when you see new trends in stores and magazines, it’s not always necessary to shop to be on trend.  Sometimes just looking in your closet will allow you to say “I’ve got this” about a trend.


How about you all?  Do look for on trend items in your closets every season or do you just give into the lure of your favorite retailer?

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S. You all know that I love me some Sal from Already Pretty, right?  Well, this weekend she gave me even more reason to love her (not that it was needed) when she showcased Fashion for Giants in a Recommended Reading post.  Needless to say, I am ridiculously flattered and just want to say thank you again to Sal.  So, thank you, Sal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment