Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I’ve Got This: Midi Skirts

As a tall person, I LOVE that midi skirts are a thing now.  I’ve been squirreling them away since last fall which makes them yet another on trend item for this fall about which I can say “I’ve got this.”  Today, I’ve “got” a vintage, blue midi:



Because the skirt (thrifted) is pretty lightweight, especially for our increasing cold weather, I layered it over footless tights and over-the-knee socks (Nordstrom), and added a wool v-neck sweater (thrifted) and faux-lace boots (Kenneth Cole Reaction via Nordstrom).  I like it, but think that it needs a belt. 

This is one of those outfits that is ridiculously comfortable and therefore bamboozled me into believing that it looked good.  And, lest you think I don’t bother with a mirror and depend solely on how an outfit feels, it’s also one of those outfits that looked fine, good even, in the mirror but photographed schlumpy.  But, not irredeemably schlumpy; I’ll try it with a belt next time and I think that’ll do the trick.

Today’s Takeaways?  When in doubt, belt it.  And, if your socks pull your regular tights down, try wearing socks over footless tights – my footless tights haven’t budged an inch today.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey


No comments:

Post a Comment