Monday, December 10, 2012

Black and Blue and a Lynne Pin



Some time back, awesome, fabulous, gorgeous blogger friend Lynne sent me an awesome, fabulous, gorgeous vintage pin:


I wore it with black and blue: 


In what was, apparently, the most confusing outfit I’ve ever worn.  As I was leaving the house, my sister said “That’s a cute… thing.”  I asked her what thing she was talking about and she said my outfit.  She said she didn’t know what it was, but she liked it.  And, later in the day, I was trying to talk to my manager and he just kept staring at me until I asked him what the problem was.  He said he just didn’t understand what he was looking at.  I explained that it was three different pieces all layered together.

Specifically, I layered a turtleneck (Gap) under a cap-sleeve bow blouse (via Vintage by the Pound) and topped them both with a sleeveless wool dress (vintage Liberty House via Goodwill):


I also added leggings (Macys), a studded belt (JC Penney) and cuffed boots (Gap).  Oh, and neon pink stud earrings (Kate Spade New York via Nordstrom): 

image via Nordstrom.com

Confusing or not, this was one of my all-time favorite outfits.  I’ll be the first to admit that my attempts at layering don’t always work, but I think I frickin’ nailed this one. 

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment