Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Double Dots


For some reason it’s hard for me to wear this sweater without pairing it with another printed piece.  Sometimes it’s more polka dots, sometimes it’s giraffes.  Today it’s more polka dots.  Again:



But, really folks, besides giraffes, what goes better with giant polka dots than smaller polka dots?  That’s right, nothing.  So smaller polka dots it is.  This time I paired my large dot sweater (Old Navy) with a  small dot dress (Coldwater Creek, thrifted) the collar of which isn’t crooked, it’s delightfully askew (I love that word).  And, because it rained off and on today but still wasn’t too cold, I wore bare legs (Two days in a row!  It’s practically summer up in this piece!) and nude Mary Jane wedges (Corso Como via Piperlime).  Oh, and hot pink earrings (Last Thursday vendor) because it’s also hard for me to wear navy blue without adding hot pink.

The skirt on this dress is a bit long but I haven’t decided if I’ll shorten it or not.  Instead, I just wore the last two buttons undone which is a trick I learned from Alexa Chung, of all people.  The the nude shoes and undone buttons help lengthen the legs which may have been shortened by the length of the skirt (the buttons make more sense in motion).

That’s right, I just advised you to wear your skirts unbuttoned.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment