Monday, May 21, 2012

Bonus Footage: Gracey Goes to a Concert


I went for a Journey cover band, also got a Bon Jovi cover band and a lovely acoustic trio that performed a surprisingly amusing/amazing Color Me Badd cover.  It was fantastic.

What I wore:




I never have any idea what to wear to concerts, but I figured something neon-adjacent was probably appropriate given the whole Journey/80s thing.  So, I layered a neon & tan print tank (thrifted) over a white tank (Target) with black skinnies (Gap Outlet).  I added a black blazer (Gap), which ended up not being worn, a vintage, tasseled cross-body bag (thrifted), strappy heels (v. old, Nine West) and some jewelry, including some of my favorite earrings (Betsy & Iya “Hooded Wonder” via Mabel & Zora).

Close up of the bag:


Close up of the earrings:


The night started with an acoustic band called Guy Dilly and The Twin Powers.  And they are absolutely amazing.  There are just three of them and the drummer was my favorite.  Her “drum” was a wooden box that she sat on while playing and she also played a tambourine (with her foot!) and sang back up vocal at the same time!  She’s basically my idol.  You can see her, and the rest of the band, in this video from a performance in December:


If you ever get a chance to hear this band, do it.  They’re great.  In fact, you can find out about their upcoming performances and see more video, here.

The headliners of the night were, as I mentioned Friday, a Journey tribute band called Stone in Love.  They really are amazing and so much fun.  They completely encourage crowd participation, which I love, because who doesn’t love belting out Journey songs at the top of their lungs?  No one in this crowd, that’s for sure:


 After Stone in Love, we were treated to a sort of sneak preview of one of the newer cover bands in town (there is a surprising amount), called Steel Horse.  They are a Bon Jovi cover band and their lead singer has an amazing voice.  They were still a little rough around the edges, but it was still super fun to watch and yowl along to:



And that was my Saturday night. 

How about you, Reader Friends?  How was your weekend?

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment