Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day One: In the Land of Nosh Opping


I embarked on my journey into the peculiar land of Nosh Opping today.  It is truly a strange country; all credit cards had to be left at the border and there are no thrift stores.  I do not know how long I will last here, but I am dedicated to exploring the currently uncharted region the locals call The Giants Closet, so I will hold out as long as I am able.

For the first day of my expedition, I wore the following:



I paired a pleated skirt (thrifted) with a silk tank (Anna & Frank, thrifted), an open open-weave cardigan (Eddie Bauer, thrifted), animal print booties (80%20 via Piperlime), lion drop earrings (vintage), a cameo bracelet (vintage) and a long necklace (thrifted). 

The pleated skirt probably looks familiar as I wear it often.  The booties are also a favorite of mine and have been seen before, but the silk blouse and the cardigan may be less familiar.  I actually found these artifacts as I explored The Giants Closet today, which was encouraging.    It is my hope that I will find similarly pleasing items as I explore the region, but I know this will not always be the case.  There are bound to be pitfalls filled with sharpened stakes and/or ill-fitting clothes.

Pitfalls or no, I shall continue to document my progress in Nosh Opping, and The Giants Closet, for as long as I am able to resist the lure of thrift stores in the outside world.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

P.S. For those of you wondering what the heck I’m talking about, this post will help explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment