Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Saturation Point


The title of this post has nothing to do with this dress:



I love this dress.  I wasn’t entirely sold on it when I first saw it and was still sort of iffy when I tried it on because I worried that it might be too matronly.  And perhaps it is, though I like to think the random yellow cuff keeps it fresh.  Either way, I absolutely adore it now.

In addition to the random yellow cuff (Mississippi Street Fair), I also paired the dress (vintage Liz Roberts, thrifted) with nude platform sandals (Banana Republic “Natalie”), a skinny belt (Gap) and square wooden earrings (Last Thursday vendor).



Image via Banana Republic

I especially like this dress because the skirt is secretly pleated and therefore secretly awesome for riding a bike in.  See?  Secret pleats:

Oh.  You really can't see very well, but trust me, that skirt is pleated.

Awesome as they are, the pleats also don’t have anything to do with the title of this post, so I suppose I should get down to it. 

“It” being the fact that my closet has reached it’s saturation point.  I have too many clothes.  My closet is stuffed to the gills and my poor dress armoire can’t possibly hold another dress.  In fact, this dress didn’t even make it to the armoire; it went straight from the laundry room to my what-I-think-I’m-going-to-wear-tomorrow hook. 

I blame Target and the thrift stores.  For example, both Value Village and Salvation Army had 50% off sales this weekend, and of course I had to go.  And I of course I had to buy some new vintage dresses and now I have too many clothes.  And Target?  In the past couple of months, I think I may have single-handedly helped my neighborhood Target reach their sales goals.

No more though.  I’m being forced into a “use it or lose it” situation with my closet.  So, I’m going to stop shopping (although I reserve the right to possibly shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale) until I’ve worn and/or gotten rid of every item currently in my closet.  Random 70s wear and sequined dresses aside, of course.

Wish me luck!

Gracey

P.S. If you’re lucky enough to still have room in your closet, there is still time to enter my eShakti giveaway, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment