Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lavender, Lemon and a Bee Attack


Y’all, I was totally attacked by a bee today.  Okay, he was probably just flying by, but I reacted like it was an attack by ducking and squealing and then laughing.  You know; as one does:


Not to worry though, I got it together enough to take pictures.  Sort of:



Like yesterday’s color combination of tomato and violet, today’s combination is one I’ve wanted to try for sometime.  Specifically, since the EBEW Pastels Challenge in which my lovely friend, Ana of She’s Addicted to Clothes, paired lavender and yellow.

My lavender and lemon pairing involves a thrifted lavender eyelet dress and a lemon-yellow cardigan (Target).  I added a multi-colored belt (thrifted) which allowed me to sneak in navy platform sandals (MRKT via DSW) and rust red earrings because I like to ground my pastels with non-pastels.

Is there a word for non-pastels?  I'm sure there is.  Does anyone know what it is?

Happy Wednesday, All!  Watch out for bees!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment