Friday, November 9, 2012

It Got Cold, I Overreacted



Apparently the Oregon Weather Gods got tired of fellow Oregon blogger, Stacey, and I writing about our recent great weather, because it got cold last night.  And, as I always do when it first gets cold, I overreacted:



Did I really need both the sweater coat and a flannel scarf layered over the chambray tunic and jeggings?  Maybe not.  But, as I said, when the weather drops about 20 degrees in three days, I have a tendency to overreact. 

Also, this is the same DIY scarf I wore on Monday, and in Monday’s comments, the Menopausal Super Model asked how I made it.  The answer?  Crookedly.  Actually, that’s not entirely true.  In spite of the fact that I can’t draw, cut or sew a straight line (I have SLD, or Straight Line Disorder (it’s totally a real thing)) I still managed to do okay with this scarf by following the lines of the plaid for cutting.  It is sewn a little bit crooked though because my left arm is still weak and I can’t guide fabric in a straight line even when I don’t have the excuse of a broken elbow.

The good news is that it’s an infinity scarf and wrapped around my neck you can’t tell it’s crooked, which is why I knew this was the project for me.  I got the idea from the lovely Franziska at Franishh, who used this tutorial.  I used the same tutorial and it was really easy, especially if you don’t worry about your lines being straight.

Yep, looks straight(ish) to me!

Happy Friday, All!

Gracey


Shop The Look
Similar sweater coat
CJ by Cookie Johnson python print leggings
MIA “Roam” boots (on sale now at Piperlime)
Similar chambray tunic
Similar flannel scarf

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment