Monday, April 29, 2013

For the Birds: Inspiration Monday

For those of you who don't know, the lovely ladies of Two Birds have a link-up every Monday of looks inspired by celebrity outfits.  This is January Jones and she is today's inspiration:

january jones

I don't usually participate in Inspiration Monday because I forget and/or don't have the right pieces and am not creative enough to make it work with the pieces I do have.  Today though, I had everything I needed; leather, denim and lace.  Oh, and bitchface:


Okay, it's not the epic bitchface of January Jones, it's more like the suggestion of bitchface or like I'm thinking really hard, but it's the best I could do on the face.

And this was the best I could do on the clothes:



Instead of being all sad-faced that I didn't have similar pieces, I used the pieces I had in similar fabrics.  My lace (sans the black bra (next time though, next time)) is my lace sweatshirt (Macy's).  My denim is jeans (Old Navy Mid-Waist Rockstar Skinnies) instead of a jacket.  And my leather is just the boots (Luxury Rebel via Piperlime) instead of pants and boots.


And, frankly, I think I nailed it:

I'm the one on the right.  I know, it's confusing.

Happy Monday, All!  And thank you to Two Birds for hosting and January Jones for inspiring!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment