Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Suede

For the past year or so, fashion magazines have been trying to convince me that summer leather is not only a thing, but that it’s a good thing.  And perhaps, for others, it is.  But, not for me.  I am a heavy glistener, by which I mean I sweat a lot.  Add to that the fact that I sweat even more because I ride my bike to work and I can imagine only a few things more uncomfortable than wearing leather in the summer.  But, even though I unequivocally refuse to attempt summer leather, I’m willing to compromise with spring suede:



Because I’m all about compromise.  Okay, not really.  But, I like to try everything once.  And, I’m glad I did; because I think it worked in my favor here:



The suede skirt (Valerie Stevens via Goodwill) paired with the denim top (Caslon via Nordstrom) were perfect for today’s in-between weather. I also added a bib necklace (Nordstrom), my vintage ram-buckle belt and my new spring boots (Corso Como “Seminole” via Piperlime).

Image via Piperlime
 
So, yes, spring suede I’ll do, but summer leather is still a “no” for me.  What about you, Reader Friends?  Are you summer leather wearers?

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Similar suede skirt (eBay has lots of options)
Similar chambray shirt (tall available)
Corso Como “Seminole” boots
Vintage ram belt buckle
Similar bib necklace
 

No comments:

Post a Comment