Thursday, June 20, 2013

Double Denim Redux

So, I'm trying double denim again.  The first time I tried double denim I looked like a postal service worker.  No, I'm not linking to it; just imagine my smiling face on your local postal carrier and you've got the gist.  The last time I looked like a cowgirl.  Well, technically a rancher's widow who was trying to get her cattle to market so the ranch didn't go under.  You can see that one here, or just imagine Barbara Stanwyck's character in Big Valley.  (Also, just as an aside, Barbara Stanwyck as Stella Dallas is one of my favorite performances ever; I love that movie).

I think today's attempt at double denim was at least marginally better:


Jeans and Top: Old Navy, Sandals: Jeffrey Campbell via Nordstrom

Short necklace: BaubleBar, Long Necklace: Jessica Simpson via Macy's

But, mostly I think double denim is one of those trends I just don't have it in me to do.  I mean, this looks fine and all but I'm probably not going to commit a felony so I can wear double denim all my live long days.


What about you, Reader Friends?  Are there any trends you've tried and decided they weren't for you?

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Old Navy Rockstar jeans (tall available)
Similar chambray tunic
Similar sandals
BaubleBar Cobra Triad necklace (if you're not a member, you can use this invitation code: 20210652)
Similar fringe necklace

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment