Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Peplumesque

I am wearing a striped top once again today but, more importantly, it's also peplumesque:


Well, it's not really.  But I belted it into a peplumesque shape and I think it kind of works:


I haven't been too keen on the peplum trend because I haven't been able to find one I like.  I realized the other day (while watching Pretty in Pink, no less) that many of today's peplums are just too limp for my tastes.  I prefer a stiffer fabric.  And belting this vintage silk jacket was pert near perfect.  It could stand to be a little longer and even a little more stiff, but it'll do in a pinch.

Because I was adding volume at the waist, I tried to keep the bottom of my outfit sleek with a cinnamon-colored knit skirt (Jones New York via Goodwill).  I finished the look with my neon necklace (Target) and abstract print sandals:
 Seychelles Women's Mum T-Strap Sandal



Image via Amazon.com

What about you, Reader Friends?  Are you fans of the peplum trend?

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment