Monday, October 8, 2012

Proof of Life



I just want you all to know that I am still alive.  I know there were rumors that my sinuses had kidnapped me and were holding me for ransom until they were free and clear and I’m here to tell you that those rumors are true.  But, we’re making progress on the negotiations and my captors have offered up this proof of life photo to show I haven’t suffered too horribly at their hands:

You can almost see today's date...

That’s right; I actually made it in to work today after being out for nearly a week.  I am feeling slightly better, but I still can’t breathe through my nose and I’m still exhausted, so I basically wore pajamas to work:


 (Similar maxi dress, similar boots, similar cardigan)

I know everyone says that wearing a maxi dress feels like wearing pajamas, and it’s true.  They’re kind of great like that.  They’re also kind of great because they’re an item that can work well into fall, as long as it’s not raining.  Trust me, you don’t want to ride your bike in the rain in a maxi dress or skirt; they’re another item that takes forever to dry.  

Happily it’s still not raining here in Oregon, so I was able to wear my super-comfy maxi (Gap) which I made a little more autumn-appropriate with a bright yellow cardigan (gifted) and faux lace-up wedge boots (Kenneth Cole Reaction, v. old).  I also added a belt (thrifted) in an attempt to give myself some sort of waist being as I haven’t worked out in over a week now and have a midsection that appears to be made of pudding.  I have pudding abs, people; it’s not cute.

Pudding abs and mouth-breathing aside, I’m very happy to be back to work and back to posting nonsense.

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment