Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sunshine Award



A couple of weeks ago, the gorgeous Catherine at Not Dressed as Lamb nominated me for a Sunshine Award:


 The rules for the award are:

  1. Include the award logo in a post and/or on your blog sidebar.  Done. 
  2.  Link to the blogger who nominated you.  Done. 
  3.  Answer 10 questions about yourself.  See below. 
  4.  Nominate 10 other fabulous bloggers and ask them 10 questions.  See even lower. 
  5.  Link to your nominees in your post and let them know about the reward.  See # 4

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get to it before now, what with my sinus infection and bike accident, but I’ve finally put together a post.

Here are my answers to Catherine’s questions:

If you had to choose a totally different stage name for yourself, what would it be?
I actually have two; Barbarella and Velvet Camouflage.  I use them for pole dancing class.  Of course.

Barbarella Poster via imdb.com

Excluding loved ones or pets, what one material possession would you save if your house was on fire?
Family photos; especially of my sisters and I when we were young and my nieces and nephews when they were young.

My sister Rosey

Who's the first celebrity you can remember having a crush on?
I don’t know.  Maybe Buck Rogers?  

Buck Rogers poster via imdb.com

What's the best compliment you've ever had?
The other day someone guessed my age at 20.  Being as I’m a LOT closer to 40 than I am to 20, I was pretty flattered.

If you could only ever listen to one band/artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Nooooo.  This is too hard.  I really don’t think I can answer this one.  I want to say Adele, or Florence and the Machine, or City and Colour but I really can’t just pick one.

Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Hah!  There is no one even remotely tall enough in Hollywood to play me.

What is your favourite part of your body or appearance?
My smile.  I honestly like smiling and I think it’s because I like my smile; gap and all.

If you were to win an Olympic gold medal in any sport, skill or pastime, what would it be (e.g. spoon playing, procrastinating, ironing, party planning, etc.)? 
Reading.  I am a world-champion reader for sure.  I'm currently reading Tunneling to the Center of the Earth, by Kevin Wilson and you should see how well I'm doing.  I'm reading the heck out of this book:

Image via amazon.com

If you haven't read it, I'd definitely suggest it.  I'm kind of in love with the author and I'm not even halfway through.

What is your favourite all-time TV show?
It’s a cross between Mad Men and The Walking Dead.  I love Mad Men because it’s smart and gorgeous.  I love The Walking Dead because I like to think I’m learning invaluable skills for the impending zombie apocalypse; it’s entertaining and educational.

Which celebrity's wardrobe would you most like to own?
Diane Kruger.  She has great style, whether she’s dressed up or down.  I think her style is accessible, but not boring, so, in a word; perfect.

Diane Kruger, image via snarkerati.com


Here are my questions:

  1. Tea or coffee? 
  2.  What would the name of your autobiography be? 
  3.  Reality TV; guilty pleasure or sheer idiocy?  
  4.  Favorite James Bond actor? 
  5.  Ocean or mountains? 
  6. Favorite author? 
  7.  Thanksgiving pie; pumpkin, pecan or something else? 
  8.  What are your thoughts on techno music? 
  9.  What is the last movie you saw in a theater? 
  10. And, finally, because Halloween is tomorrow, what is your favorite scary movie?



And here are the nominees:


And with that, I have finally spread the sunshine entrusted to me by Catherine. 

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment