Thursday, March 21, 2013

Poppies, Not Polka Dots



From far away, this shirt looks as if it’s printed with polka dots:



But, they’re poppies, not polka dots: 


Actually, maybe they’re not poppies.  I don’t know.  So, let’s just ignore the maybe-poppies and talk about the brooch cluster; it’s spring-themed!  See; there are flowers and an insect and a sort-of-nest.  Because nothing says spring like a sort-of-nest. 

I paired the not-polka-dot button-down (Eddie Bauer via Goodwill) and the brooch cluster (flowers via Goodwill, others via Lil Gypsy Vintage) with a marigold sweater vest (vintage Anne Klein II via Goodwill).  I love the red and blue print of the shirt with the golden color of the sweater vest.  I finished the look with dark skinnies (bandolino via Macys) and riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).


As much as I would have loved to celebrate the fact that Spring has officially arrived with pastels and lightweight fabrics, it’s too cold here in Oregon for all that.  I had to make do with brights and a brooch cluster. 

Happy Thursday, All!  And Happy Spring!

Gracey

Whoops!  I almost forgot; my shirt, vest and brooches are all recycled fashion finds so I'm linked up to Recycled Fashion's link party today!

Shop the Look:
Similar button-down shirt
Similar dark skinny jeans (Tall ankle length)
Similar Born boots
Similar vintage sweater vest
Similar brooches (flowers, insect and nest)

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment