Monday, March 18, 2013

What Really Goes On



Most of my readers are used to seeing me look like this in photos:



I’m usually smiling, because I like smiling, but also because I think blogging is fun.  I’m usually front to camera because I like to clearly show the outfit I’m wearing.  And I usually have my arms at my sides or have a hand on a hip because I can’t ever figure out what else to do with my hands.  (Moment of clarity: I bet that’s why bloggers carry clutches.  Now I get it.) 

But, I think I owe it to you, Dearest Reader Friends, to show you what the other 40 pictures that I don’tpost look like.  To show you what really goes on.  Which, more often than not, is stuff like this:


I am pretty much always talking and often gesticulating.  In the above photo I’m demonstrating how it was so cold this morning that I had to break the ice on my horse’s trough.  I don’t have a horse.

And this:


And, in that photo I am expressing confusion over my friend, Ferge’s, confusion about today’s color combination. 

I think flame cords (Target) and a lavender button-down (Gap via Goodwill) make perfect sense.  Ferge does not.  At least she didn’t criticize the houndstooth shoes (Old Navy via Goodwill) though.  But, really, who would criticize houndstooth shoes?  They so very clearly go with everything.

ETA: Although I don't consider my pants confusing, I'll admit that they're bright, so I've linked up to Visible Monday over at Not Dead Yet Style, hosted, as always, by the lovely Patti.

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Exact Target cords
Similar lavender shirt
Similar houndstooth flats (now on sale)  

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment