Monday, March 25, 2013

Sure It’s Boxy, But It’s Plaid



And that is, apparently, reason enough for me, because, yeah, this dress is boxy.  But, it is also plaid:



And here at Fashion for Giants, we'll take plaid in any shape.


Yes, I could have worn a belt, but I didn’t.  I actually like the cut of this dress.  And the colors of the plaid are fun.  So, I may look like a box, but I look like a fun box.  So, no, no belt.   Just a vintage plaid dress (handmade via Goodwill) layered over a blue-striped blouse (Gap), blue tights (DKNY via Nordstrom) and riding boots (Born Crown via Nordstrom).

Oh, and I also wore my new carnelian Friendship Bracelet that the lovely people at RedEnvelope sent to me:


It also comes in iolite and aqua chalcedony, but, let’s be honest, I was never going to choose any color but orange.  And not just because it goes so well with plaid; as we all know, orange goes with everything so that’s a non-issue.  No, I just think the luminescent quality of carnelian orange is so pretty. Really though, I would have been happy with any of the colors or several other pieces from RedEnvelope; they have some lovely, lovely items.

Speaking of lovely, I thrifted a new coat on Saturday:


Which is also a bit boxy, isn't it?  Maybe boxy is my new thing?  I don't know, but I guess it's possible.  Again though, boxy or not, I love this coat; I love the color and the weight is perfect for spring.  Also, the bracelet sleeves show off my Red Envelope bracelet perfectly, so everybody wins.


Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment