Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hats, Flowers & Rabbit Deer Creatures

I don't like wearing hats.  I never know how to wear them or what to do with my hair.  And because my head is kind of small for a giant, they often don't fit me right and tend to blow off.  Even when it's not windy.  So, no.  Not a fan of hats.  But, I'm even less of a fan of sun damage.  So, I'm always looking for a sun hat that fits my wee head and protects my face.

Enter the roll-up visor from the Dorfman Pacific Scala Collection*:



This thing is brilliant.  First of all, it rolls up for slipping into a beach bag with ease, and because it's paper braid, it does so without wrinkling.  Speaking of wrinkling, I firmly believe the 5-inch peak, which offers the equivalent of SPF 50 protection, will help keep me from doing so as well.  And, it's adjustable, so it fits my tiny head perfectly.  The best part though?  I can wear a bun or a pony tail with it, because it's a visor, not a hat:


No more having to wear my hair down and getting all sweaty and angry.  And, it's perfect for laying in the sun (with sunscreen, of course) as well, because it doesn't continue all the way around.  It's just seriously altogether brilliant.  And reasonably priced as well; it retails for about $25.00.  You can find them, in multiple colors, from brights to neutrals, here.

This past weekend was beautiful here in Oregon, so I took my visor out on a test run to the farmer's market.  And it was perfect; it stayed put, even with the strong breeze, and I don't appear to be any more wrinkled.

Also perfect?  The market:

Purple Dutch iris

Blue Dutch Iris

Cascade Baking Company Bread

A red sedum for my nephew's collection.

The center of this thunder egg kind of looks like a leaping rabbit-deer-creature.  Kind of.

Dutch iris in zinc pails.

Potatoes.  I don't know.  I just like them.

So, in summary, this visor is awesome.  Farmer's markets are awesome.  They are awesome together.

Happy Tuesday, All!  Don't forget to enter my Shabby Apple Giveaway!

Gracey


*This sunhat was sent to me courtesy of Dorfman Pacific.  However, all of the opinions voiced in my review of the hat are mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment