Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Floral Moment


The always lovely Stacey from Gray Skies (whom you should absolutely read if you don’t already) said she was “having a floral moment” last week.  And I thought, “well, what about me?  I like florals, I want to have a floral moment too.”  And then I remembered that I don’t actually like florals that much because they’re often too pastel for my tastes.  And then I found this vintage skirt:



And, et voila, I was having a floral moment of my own.  I found the skirt while I was thrifting with Kelsey (Hi, Kelsey!) and took it home, hemmed it, washed it and had to wear it right away (as one does).  I decided to pair it with a black v-neck sweater (Hinge via Nordstrom), a cream bow blouse (Old Navy), red tights (DKNY via Nordstrom) and brown, lace-up booties (Nine West via TJ Maxx).

Why that combination?  This photo doesn’t show it very well, but the skirt is actually pinkish-red, black and brown:


So I wore the black sweater to pick up the black, the brown booties to pick up the brown, the red tights because I finally own some and the bow blouse to keep the top from looking too dark in connection with the tights and booties.  And, frankly, I love it.  Even though this skirt is not remotely good for riding a bike in, it’s a floral I can do and do happily so you’ll definitely be seeing it again.

How about you all, do you have floral moments?

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment