Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It’s the Boots

Something is off about this outfit, which, yes, once again, I didn’t realize until I saw the pictures.  And I never thought I’d say this, but it’s the boots:



They’re wrong for this.  Yes, they’re right for 90% of my outfits, but they’re wrong for this outfit.

At least I think it’s the boots.  I mean, I like everything else about this outfit.  I like the butterscotch sweater (thrifted) combined with the mauve skirt (vintage, thrifted) and the grey tights (Hue via Macy’s).  And of course I love the polka dot (!) bow tie (silk, thrifted).  But, I’m not sure the boots are right.

I think I’ll wear this outfit again next week, provided our not-too-cold-and-surprisingly-not-rainy weather holds, with different shoes and we’ll see if it is, indeed, the boots.  Or, if I'm just being hard on myself because this cold is kicking my heinie and I've lost all perspective.

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!  Maintain perspective!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment