Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pants Weather



I’ve been so busy lamenting the fact that it’s not yet sweater weather, that I forgot what kind of weather it is.  It’s pants weather, people:



Earring Close Up

Pants weather for me is the very small window where it’s not hot but it’s also not raining.  (I don’t like to wear pants or jeans in the rain because they take too long to dry after the morning commute).  And the weather right now is just perfect.

Is it white pants weather though?  Eh, not for some, maybe, but I’m good with it.  These particular white pants are Gap Always Skinny jeans and this is my first time wearing them on the blog.  I’d been looking for white jeans for a couple years, but they’re all so tight and see-through, that I couldn’t find a pair I liked.  And then I saw a tip on a blog (I wish I could remember which one) that suggested sizing up on skinny jeans for a more relaxed look.  

And I think it worked.  I like these jeans and I like them with this lemon-yellow silk tee (Dana Buchman, thrifted).  I also added gray snake platforms (Pierre Dumas “Chic-1” via Piperlime), a bead and chain necklace (Nordstrom, v. old), a thrifted cuff and vintage turquoise earrings.  Sure it seems a little summery, but I’m actually planning on wearing lemon yellow all fall, so we’re just going to pretend it’s a good transitional outfit.
Shop the Look**:

As you may have noticed, I’ve added a new “Shop the Look” section to my posts.  I’ve had enough interest from readers in finding exact or similar pieces to what I wear, that I thought it might be a good idea to add this feature.  I want you to know that, that in adding this, I did become affiliated with a couple of monetizing networks, so clicking on the links could result in my being compensated.  You can read more about that on the Disclosure tab I added to my blog.  And, effective immediately, I will also include a disclosure statement on every post where clicking on the link could result in compensation for me.

Holy smokes, this was wordy, so I’m going to stop here and wish you all a Happy Thursday!

Gracey

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for it's writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment