Wednesday, September 19, 2012

That Old Fall Feeling



It’s, finally, starting to feel like fall here in Oregon.  The mornings are getting chillier and I’m almost to the point of wearing a light sweater for the ride in.  Honestly, though, that could just be because I want to wear sweaters; they are all I’ve been thrifting lately.  Sadly, it’s still not sweater weather, but it is totally “subdued, fall-like color weather” so I dressed accordingly:




Yes, I do wear this dress all year long (because those are the best dresses) but I like it the most for fall.  The flowers have a delightful mossy, pile of leaves look to them and, for me, nothing says fall like moss and piles of leaves.  And mushrooms.  But, I digress.  Today I paired the dress (vintage) with a light gold belt (thrifted?) and shoes (Kenneth Cole Reaction, v. old).  I also added my new cameo and garnet earrings (via Deepwood Vintage Fair) and a vintage cameo bracelet.

The stones are rough-cut, low-grade garnet.


As much as I like this dress with the flats, I’d much rather be wearing it with boots.  I miss my boots, y’all.  They’re all on deck, freshly waterproofed and just waiting in the wings.  I swear, as soon as the temperature drops below 80, I’m breaking them out.  And probably the sweaters too.  Basically, you should expect me to look overheated and uncomfortable in my photos for the next couple of weeks.

What about you, Dear Reader Friends?  What are you looking forward to wearing this fall?

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment