Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Of Tangerines and Traffic Cones and Shameless Self-Promotion

I was very excited to wear this tangerine-colored skirt today.  Even if it did photograph a little more traffic cone than tangerine:



I still like it.  Mostly because it makes my booty look awesome:


That’s right, I am engaging in some shameless self-promotion of my booty.  If I can’t do it here, among friends, where can I do it?  Okay, yes, I also do it in front of the mirror, but that’s just not as fun.

Want to know what is fun?  My awesome, booty enhancing tangerine/traffic cone skirt.  Made all the more awesome because it’s vintage and I thrifted it for a dollar.  I paired the skirt with a grey and black striped blazer (Halogen via Nordstrom), a black blouse (Nordstrom), black tights (Spanx via Nordstrom) and black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).

And yes, slapping some bright orange across my hindquarters is also out of my comfort zone, but I’ve had this skirt for months now and haven’t worn it.  I needed to and figured another day in the discomfort zone wouldn’t kill me.  Also, it’s so fun with stripes!

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment