Monday, January 23, 2012

The Discomfort Zone

It’s not often that I leave my comfort zone to traipse around in my discomfort zone.  But, today I did:


Yes, people, that is a sweater dress.  With bold horizontal stripes.  Just writing the words makes me think, no, never, I couldn’t possibly.  And yet, I did.  And how I did it was to add pieces that are well within my comfort zone:



Although I think it’s good to sometimes take risks in my personal style, I don’t like to take too many because I don’t like to be uncomfortable in my clothes.  I don’t like them to pinch or bind, but I also don’t like to be mentally uncomfortable.  I don’t want to have to worry about what angle someone is viewing me from or whether the cake I ate yesterday is going to start pregnancy rumors.

So, yes, this dress (Old Navy) is a bit more body-conscious than I’d usually go for, but I made sure I bought an XL so it’s not super tight.  I added the blazer (Gap) and my security blanket burnt orange scarf (Nordstrom) to disguise the cake baby.  And I wore faux-lace up boots (Kenneth Cole Reaction) because I’m tall and maxi dresses are a little less maxi on me so used the opportunity to show the boots.  And security blanket aside, I do feel quite visibile in this dress, so I've linked up to Visible Monday over at Not Dead Yet Style.

But, enough about me.  What about you, Dear Readers?  Do you have any tricks for trips to the discomfort zone?

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment