Saturday, January 14, 2012

Year of the Tangerine – Orange for Everybody, Redux

Last year I wrote a post encouraging everybody to wear orange because it’s one of my favorite colors and I want everyone to be able to experience the same joy I do when I wear orange.  I know some of you remained skeptical (yes, Erin, I’m looking at you), but the good news is that this year provides another opportunity to embrace orange.  As the fabulous Sue pointed out in the comments the other day, the Pantone Color of the Year this year is, Tangerine Tango. Thanks, Sue! 

And thank you, Pantone, for selecting a particularly lovely shade of orange.

See?  Lovely, no?

Personally, I’m a huge fan of orange in all it’s shades, including but not limited to, burnt orange, rust, coral, tangerine, pumpkin, melon and traffic cone.   And I really do believe that orange is for everybody.  To (hopefully) prove my point, I’ve enlisted the help of some friends to show you that everybody can wear orange. 

First up, a few of the (many) ways I’ve worn orange in the past year:





And now for my lovely friends.  Starting with a fabulous fellow Oregon blogger, Stacey from Gray Skies:



This is the gorgeous Tiffany at A Reason to be Fabulous:





The elegant and wonderful Terri of Rags against the Machine:





And here is the amazing Shen of Shen Dove Style:




This is the lovely Angie of Fashion Me Blog, whose stripe-y outfit I will be copying soon:



Tracy of The Closet Shopper looking gorgeous in orange two ways:

































The always fabulous Megan of Feathers and Freckles:




This is the delightful Nico, of Satin and Salt, wearing an orange skirt three ways:




Here is the amazing Kassi of The Closet Intervention in an orange (!) pleated (!) skirt:




And, here we have the brilliant Jenn of The Suburb Experiment accessorizing brilliantly with orange:





































And last, but not least, some of my favorite fellow orange-lovers, Tia and Mia, of Reading in Skirts:

As you can see from the bloggers above, orange really can work for every body, every aesthetic and every skin tone.  And remember, you don’t have to “wear” orange to wear orange – you can accessorize with orange or wear a print that incorporates orange.  Of course, if you really want to, you can go all out and really wear orange in the form of dress, blouse or skirt and I’ll totally support you.

What do you think, Dear Readers, will you give orange a shot this year?

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment