Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Riding Into a Head Wind

The title of this post is both how I spent the majority of my morning bike ride, and a euphemism for the week I’m having.  Yes, I know it’s a short week and I had Monday off, but I’ve been feeling entirely unproductive.  And unfortunately, not very inspired sartorially:



Today’s outfit is just a tunic sweater (Nordstrom) layered over a turtleneck (Gap) and leggings.  I added riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) and a multi-colored wool scarf (Nordstrom).  I also added my new umbrella – a necessary purchase as I fell down the stairs with my last umbrella and it didn’t take the fall well.

Yep, that’s right; I’m reverting to leggings, boots, sweaters and scarves.  It’s not my fault it works.  The combination of sweaters and scarves help keep me warm.  And the combination of leggings and boots are perfect for riding a bike in the rain.  Unlike jeans which take forever to dry when they get wet or tights which dry quickly but are worn under skirts which can get blown up and around, leggings dry fairly quickly and there is no chance of flashing schoolchildren.

And with that bit of wisdom, I say: Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment