Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Stripes and an eShakti Review



According to most of the fashion magazines I read, stripes are in for spring.  And wouldn’t you know it, I wore stripes today:



When the lovely people at eShakti contacted me and asked me if I’d like to try a piece from their Pre-Spring/Resort Line, I jumped at the chance.  There were several pieces I loved (you can see them in this post) but I ultimately decided on this cream and blue striped knit dress: 


It’s my first knit piece from eShakti, and it’s pretty great.  It’s as soft and as cozy as pajamas, which is fabulous, but the lovely green belt, which came with the dress, also adds some structure.  I added a bit more structure, and some warmth (this dress is sleeveless) with a black blazer (Gap), charcoal herringbone tights (Hue) and ankle boots (Nine West “Darsy”). 

Really my only nit to pick, and it’s a small one, is that this is a LOT of dress.  The skirt is pleated, and therefore pretty full, and because the fabric is a nice, heavy knit, it can be a lot.  If I had it to do again, I’d probably order it a bit shorter to balance the weight of it.  This particular dress is currently out of stock, but if they re-stock and you do order it, I suggest ordering an above-the-knee length.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Similar striped eShakti dresses: this one is the same fabric, different cut and this one is the same dress in red/white stripes
Similar black Gap blazer
Nine West “Darsy” boots
Emerald green belt

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment