Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Tale of Two Midis


Of the eight black skirts in my closet, three of them are pleated and two of them are midis.  

One of the midis is also pleated:



I wore the pleated midi (thrifted) today with a black and gray striped tee (Target) layered under a tan vest (thrifted).  I added a black corset belt (JC Penney), a few bracelets and the last of the supplies to reach me here in The Land of Nosh Opping.  I bought these Matiko Ella wedges during an Ideeli Last Chance sale and they were airlifted into my base camp in The Giant’s Closet last week.  I absolutely adore them.

I didn’t get a chance to a get a close-up shot of the wedges but this photo shows the heel a little bit:



The other midi is not pleated:




I wore the non-pleated, tie-waist midi (vintage, thrifted) Tuesday with a neon pink silk tee (thrifted) and a white/multi cropped jacket (vintage).  I also added camel wedges (Corso Como via Piperlime) and a blue glass-bead necklace (vintage).

I don’t think I need two black midi skirts in my closet, so I’m going to get rid of the pleated one.  One, because I’ve already made the decision to keep one black pleated skirt, so that hole is filled.  Two, because I think the non-pleated skirt may be more flattering and is equally versatile.  And three, because I don’t wear the pleated midi skirt; I've had it in my closet for months and today is the first time I’ve ever worn it.  In part because I have to pull it on over my head (the waist does fit over my hips) and in part because it has a dropped waist which severely limits how I style it.

So, the pleated midi is out.  Also out is the vintage cropped jacket I wore Tuesday.  Although it makes me happy with all its crazy colors and its compatibility with neon, it’s too small across the shoulders (darn you, Man Shoulders!), so it has to go.  Sad face.  And the vest I wore today is also going.  That wasn’t a stylistic decision not to button that top button, folks; I couldn’t if I’d tried.  Even that second button is holding on for dear life (darn you, Lady Boobs!), so the vest also has to go.  Double sad face.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment