Monday, June 18, 2012

One of Three


This skirt is one of three navy blue polka dot skirts that I own:




I paired this particular navy blue polka dot skirt (thrifted) with a navy and white striped ¾-sleeve tee (Target) and added a braided belt (thrifted), espadrille wedges (Corso Como via Piperlime) and my awesome new vintage apple necklace.  Don’t worry, I didn’t shop.  I won the necklace in a giveaway on the lovely Lori’s blog, A Little Slice of Special.  The necklace is from the also very lovely Marisa’s Etsy shop, Ally Hoot Vintage.  If you haven’t visited Marisa’s shop, stop by.  It’s fabulous.  And also make sure you stop by Mariss's and Lori’s blogs too (Marissa’s is The Shades of Monet Chronicles).

Now, back to the skirt.  I have no idea why I have so many navy skirts with white polka dots.  The multiple black skirts I sort of understood, but this is just silly.  Not that this skirt is silly.  No, I think this skirt is lovely, and I’m going to keep this one.  And I think I’ll keep one more too because both of the other skirts are pleated and it’s totally okay to have two polka dot skirts as long as one is pleated, right?  Right.  And, of the two pleated skirts, I think probably keep the non-drop waist one.

Before you ask, no, I don’t know why I have so many drop-waist skirts either; I really don’t like them.  Although, I do have to admit they are good for wearing with un-tucked tops because there isn’t as much volume around the hips.  Okay, so I guess I do know why I have so many… still I’m getting rid of them because they’re just not that versatile for my particular closet.

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment