Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Feeling My Way


You will probably not be surprised to learn that I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to dressing myself.  I mean, I’ve figured out buttons and zippers pretty well, but figuring out what combination of items to button or zipper onto my body is a struggle.  For example, I’m just wearing a dress today, but went through three or four iterations of accessories before landing on this:







The dress (Target) actually used to have a greige skirt (you can see it here), but I dyed it because I don’t like greige.  The accessories I finally settled on are a tri-color belt (thrifted), red-orange beaded necklace (street fair) and leopard peep-toe mini wedges.  But, seriously, it was a struggle even though the dress just pulls on!

I don’t know why selecting clothes is so much work for me.  I don’t know if it’s because my closet is too big (possibly), or maybe it’s too small (less probable).  Or, maybe it’s because I don’t have a clearly defined style.  I think if I just decided that “boho chic” was my thing and didn’t purchase or wear anything that didn’t meet that aesthetic that getting dressed might be easier.  Instead I have Personal Style ADD, dressing one day in all neutrals and the next in three different patterns and four different colors.  For example, here are last week’s looks (note the lack of a cohesive theme):


Now, I don’t think any of you who read my blog are under the delusion that you’re reading the blog of a fabulously put together blogger.  But, if you are, I apologize for bursting your bubble.  In truth, I’m just feeling my way along, tossing a bunch of stuff on the bed and seeing what sticks.  For those of you who suspected that was my preferred methodology, you were right, and I appreciate you sticking around in spite of that.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment