Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pleats and Stripes and Silly Concerns


I don’t think this outfit photographed very well, but I loved it:



I swear it’s more flattering in person, but, I could be delusional so maybe “swear” isn’t the right word.  Really though, I felt great in this today.  After all, I found another way to style this pleated skirt (thrifted).  I’m wearing yet another bow blouse (vintage LeeMar via Vintage by The Pound).  AndI got to wear my Hive and Honey flats (Piperlime) again.  Basically it’s an outfit full of things I love: pleats, stripes, bows blouses and ankle strap flats.  

Also, I know it’s supposed to be some sort of fashion taboo to wear ankle straps with long skirts, but I think it worked.  Even if it hadn’t, I’m glad I tried it.  These poor flats languished in my closet for a long time because I was afraid the ankle strap would make me look stumpy.  I know that sounds like a silly concern for a giant, but I like being tall; I don’t want to look shorter.   Once I figured out that they don’t chop me off at the leg though (probably because, as Mia pointed out, the strap is essentially the same color as my leg) it was on.  They are super comfortable and while I know they’ll work with above the knee dresses and skirts, I wanted to experiment with other items too.  

Remember, it’s okay to experiment, even if it doesn’t always go well.

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment