Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just a (Lazy) Girl in a Dress


There is definitely something to be said for simplicity.  Unfortunately, I’m not the blogger to say it.  Not usually, at least.  But, today’s outfit is actually pretty simple:



Today, I’m just a girl in a dress.  This particular dress is vintage Karin Stevens (thrifted) and is one of my favorites.  I usually wear it with color but decided to keep it simple today with a brown belt (thrifted), mini-wedges (Jessica Simpson via Nordstrom) and an acorn necklace (Last Thursday vendor).  And I liked it.  

I think it worked because of the dress.  I love the fit and the cut and print are interesting enough that it doesn’t needa lot of bells and whistles.  Given my inability/refusal to accessorize regularly, I should probably fill my closet with dresses of this sort.  Clothing that is supposed to be a “blank canvas” is too much pressure for my non-accessorizing self.

Oh, my goodness, I think I just had an epiphany.  That’swhy I like prints so much; because they allow me to be lazy!  Thank goodness for prints – I probably couldn’t get dressed without them.

What about you, Reader Friends?  Are you a print-lover or do you prefer a blank canvas?

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment