Thursday, August 2, 2012

Saving the Best for Last


I’m not sure this is absolutely the best vintage dress I have in my closet, but it’s definitely top three:



Unlike Tuesday’s dress that I tried to love, but just couldn’t, I have no problems loving this dress.  In fact, I think it may be pert near perfect.  I love the strange little print (no idea what it is), the colors, the jaunty little lady tie and the length.  Most of all though, I love the fit.  I don’t think this dress could be any more flattering even if it whispered “hey baby, lookin’ good” every three steps.

Seriously, it’s even good from the side:


I paired the dress (vintage Anthony Richards, thrifted) with a braided, cognac belt (thrifted) and cognac espadrille wedges (Corso Como via Piperlime).  I had originally thought to pair this dress with red accessories but then I ousted my red wedges and got a little stumped.  But, I think like it just as well, if not better, with the cognac accessories; the red might have been a little too matchy-matchy.

Whether or not this is the best vintage dress in my closet may be up for debate, but it is definitely the last that I needed to wear before Maurice and I would be allowed to board the ship home from Nosh Opping.  This weekend, I’ll post a wrap up of what got ousted during the expedition; I actually got rid of a surprising amount of clothes.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment