Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What Would Coco Wear?


I have no idea.  I realized when I signed up for Adrienne & Jill’s Chanel Inspired Challenge that I really didn’t know that much about Chanel.  I’m afraid I haven’t studied the history of fashion much (or at all) and I have only vague, half-formed ideas about what “Chanel-inspired” might mean.

And I think most of those ideas come from pop culture and a movie I saw where Audrey Tautou played Chanel.  From that movie, I learned that Coco liked pants:


 And striped shirts:


From pop culture, mostly this outfit from The Devil Wears Prada, I learned that today* Chanel means layered necklaces:


I took that very, very meager store of knowledge and came up with this:


I paired my black trousers (Vince Camuto via Nordstrom) with a striped shirt (Old Navy), a layered necklace (v. old) and pointy toe pumps (thrifted).   Yes, yes, I know; they should have chosen me instead of Audrey for that role.

To see more interpretations of Chanel-inspired style,visit Jill at Everything Just So.

And have a Happy Wednesday!

Gracey

* Okay, not even today; that movie came out in 2006. 

No comments:

Post a Comment