Friday, August 3, 2012

Silk is Totally Professional


I am basically wearing shorts and a tee shirt at work:



But, it’s okay, because the tee is silk and silk is totally professional.  I paired the super professional silk tee (one of the six or so I thrifted) with patterned shorts (Target) and added a polka dot belt (Nordstrom Rack), Seychelles mini-wedges and a bib necklace (c/o Maurice’s).

Why did I wear shorts and a tee to work?  Because it’s getting stupid hot here in Oregon.   Today is supposed to be 91 and it’s supposed to hit 100 this weekend.  I know that is nothing to those of you who’ve been dealing with rolling heat waves all summer, but it doesn’t usually get that hot here.

Luckily, I like the heat so I’ll be spending this afternoon and evening at another 80s concert.  And tomorrow, I will return to my beloved thrift stores to pillage and plunderdo some shopping.  I need to find a dress for a wedding next Friday.  I think it’s in a field?  Or a barn?  Or a barn in a field?  I’m not exactly sure where it is, but I’m pretty sure I need something new to attend.

Have a wonderful weekend, Dearest Reader Friends!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment