Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 Color of the Year: Emerald



Although I swear I’d heard a rumor that the Pantone Color of the Year for 2013 was going to be a rather boring blue, it is, in fact, Emerald.  Pantone 17-5641 Emerald to be exact:


While I’m happy it wasn’t a boring blue (seriously, does anyone else remember hearing that?) I’m actually not all that thrilled with this year’s color of the year.  I think it’s beautiful, I think it’ll look good on pretty much everyone and it’s certainly not boring, but in general, emerald just isn’t my thing. 

But, dedicated online shopper that I am, I was still able to find some things I like in this bright emerald:


Image via marianavail Etsy shop

Cowl-like scarves are having a moment.  Get this one in emerald and you're doubly on trend.
 


Image via Nieman Marcus Last Call

I love green pants.  I don't have any, but not for lack of trying.  I'd totally wear these.



Image via Amazon.com

If I do buy anything in this shade it would probably be shoes and I like the simple shape (and the price) of these flats.



Image via Nordstrom.com

I love the navy, aqua and terra cotta with the emerald.


I definitely wear any of those pieces, but if I had my druthers, I’d prefer dark emerald to bright emerald. 


Here are some things I like in dark emerald:

Oregon Ducks Helmets:

Go Ducks!


I just put this in so I could brag on the fact that we won the Fiesta Bowl this year.  And because the helmets are pretty.



Image via Amazon.com

I adore differently colored heels on shoes; I think they're so fun.



Image via yoox.com

Although I'd certainly wear the bright emerald flats above, my heart belongs to dark emerald pumps like these.



Image via Piperlime

I actually own this cardigan and although the shape is weird and the buttons are superfluous, I really rather like it.



Image via Bloomingdales.com

I don't carry small bags (where do you keep your book?) but I am mildly obsessed with, and so would make an exception for, this one.


What about you, Reader Friends?  What are your thoughts on emerald?  Bright?  Dark?  Not at all?

Happy Friday, All!

Gracey

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment