Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Clothes, Clever Title, Descriptive Words



I am exhausted today, folks.  Ex-haus-ted.  For reals.  And therefore, although I wore clothes, I pretty much have nothing to say about them.  But, here they are anyway:



And here are some descriptive words about them: I wore this outfit today; it was warm and bike-friendly.  I chose a gray sweater (Old Navy) and orange tights (Spanx via Nordstrom) to pick up the colors in the skirt (vintage, thrifted).  I like this skirt a lot.  It’s wool and plaid and pleated, so that’s fun.  I also wore a belt (thrifted), riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) and a vintage moss agate necklace (via Lil’ Gypsy Vintage).  This outfit makes sense.

Now, let’s talk about why I’m so tired.  I stayed up late, late, late last night finishing Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  Have any of you read that book?  What did you think?  I think the premise was great, but even with the unusual plot, it felt a little cliché to me at times.  But, that could just be because I watch too much television.  Or, not enough…  I don’t know.  I don’t feel like I’m articulating my thoughts well enough (I am exhausted after all), but, what it comes down to, I didn’t always believe Amy’s character.  It seemed a little too contrived and manipulative on the part of the author.

Anyway, if you’ve read it, I’d love to hear what you thought.  And if you haven’t read it, I definitely recommend it and then we can discuss.  

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment