Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Year’s Style Resolutions




I don’t do New Year’s Resolutions.  I mean, I’m going to work out exactly as much as I want to, regardless of any resolutions I make.  However, I’ve seen a couple of posts on style resolutions and thought that was something I could do.  And then, of course, I couldn’t think of anything which is why I'm just now getting around to posting this.  

It’s not that I think my style is perfect (well, maybe perfectly eclectic) it’s just that, for the most part, I like what I wear.  But, I do think I could push myself a little more.  And I could refine my style a bit, if only because “refined eclectic” sounds fancier than just “eclectic.”  So, here they are; my style resolutions for 2013.  Better late than never, right?


Wear color.

Yes, I know I already wear a lot of color, but I want to make sure that, in my drive to refine my style, that I don’t lose my love of color.  So, this resolution is to maintain my current color-wearing ways but in a more refined manner. 


Play with proportion.

Proportion scares me.  I love color and I love print and I like to think I can handle both fairly well, but proportion throws me off my game.  I tried playing with proportion a little bit last year, with mixed results, but I want to make even more of an effort in 2013.


Relax.

I love slouchy, cool outfits.  I have never, ever been able to pull one off.  I don’t know if it’s that I’m inherently uncool or if it’s my body shape/size or it I am just sort of uptight, but I can’t do relaxed style.  But, I’ve decided this year is the year.  So, prepare yourselves for a lot of experimental layers and oversized slouch, because Gracey is bringing the cool.  Hopefully.


Clean my closet.

It’s not that my closet is a mess (well, it is, but that has nothing to do with this resolution) it’s that it’s full.  Too full.  I cleaned some spring/summer clothes out with last summer’s Nosh Opping Expedition, but I really should do the same for my fall/winter clothes.  And then do another round for spring/summer, just to be safe.  Because, somehow, I still have a LOT of clothes.  But, I’m working on it.  Sort of…


What about you, Reader Friends?  Do you have any style resolutions for the New Year?

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment