Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Burgundy and Orange



Burgundy and orange are one of those color combinations that look fabulous to my eye even if they don’t exactly make sense on paper:




I am especially fond of the plummy burgundy (which, yes, I call oxblood when I want to seem on-trend) of this turtleneck (Gap) paired with the bright, tangerine orange of this skirt (vintage via Goodwill).  I also wore a cream, cashmere sweater (Forte Cashmere via Ideeli), black tights (Spanx via Nordstrom) and snake platform pumps (Pierre Dumas via Piperlime).

Also, I didn’t realize it until today, but I’m a turkey decal away from being dressed like the Virginia Tech 2012 Russell Athletic Bowl Helmets.

Helmets:



Gracey:



And, in Great-Intent-Shaky-Execution News, I also wore this metal filigree necklace from Old Navy: 


You can’t see it in the other photos because there isn’t enough contrast between it and the turtleneck, and because my hair is in the way, but, I swear that I wore it and that it added pretty much nothing to the outfit. 

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S.  You're welcome for all of the football helmets I share.

Shop the Look:
Similar skirt
Similar turtleneck
Similar sweater
Spanx Tight End Tights
Similar Shoes
I couldn't find a similar necklace, but they have these in-store at Old Navy.

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment