Monday, January 28, 2013

Pinspiration: Bright Jacket, Black Base


Today I wore a bright red jacket layered over a black base:





I love this look, but I can’t take any credit for it.  I copied it directly from a Pin of J’sEveryday Fashion.

Pinspiration:

Image via J's Everyday Fashion

Me:


See?  Practically twins. 

I knew I wanted to recreate this look as soon as I saw it.  Not because it’s particularly ground-breaking; black and red are very classic.  No, for me, this look had extra appeal in the form of the cap-toe shoes.  They’re a classic in their own right, but I wouldn’t have thought to pair the two.  The cap-toes make this feel fresh.  At least to my eye.  And made it something I wanted to try.

For my recreation of this look, I layered a red, vintage coat (Maurice via Goodwill), because somehow I don’t have a red blazer, over black ankle pants (Vince Camuto via Nordstrom) and a black turtleneck sweater (Hinge via Nordstrom).  My cap-toe shoes are Bandolino wedges (via DSW) and I also added a vintage necklace (Sarah Coventry via Red Fox Vintage) and vintage earrings.

Also, because it's Monday and there is nothing shy about this look, I'm linked up to Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style.

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment