Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Indigo Girl



I’m not sure today’s photos are really doing this dress justice.  They’re skewing a little cobalt when, in truth, this dress is a lovely, deep indigo:


Not that there is anything wrong with cobalt.  I love cobalt.  But this dress is not cobalt, it’s indigo.  I think these photos show it a little bit better: 



Hmmph.  Maybe not.

But this photo definitely shows me doing The Duck Face Robot, which is a dance I made up this morning:


Ducks and robots aside, my dress is indigo, not cobalt.  And it’s vintage and warm (wool/acrylic blend) and has pockets, so it’s basically awesome.  In addition to my awesome dress of awesome indigo-ness, I also wore a turtleneck (Gap), tights (Hue via Macys) over which I wore OTK socks (Nordstrom), and suede boots (Naughty Monkey via Nordstrom).  I also added a studded belt (JC Penney) and neon pink studs (Kate Spade New York via Nordstrom). 

Also, if you don’t know who the Indigo Girls are, we may need to have a talk.  At the very least you should watch this video (to which you could dance The Duck Face Robot if you wanted):


You're welcome.

Happy Wednesday, All! 

Gracey

No comments:

Post a Comment